Benefits of Using an Open Source DMARC Analyzer
DMARC is a technological standard that assures email communication is safe from cyber-attacks. This article will give you an overview of the DMARC reports and insight into using the Open Source DMARC Analyzer to handle DMARC Reports effectively.
The DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance) protocol allows effective control, validation, and authentication for email traffic on your domain. For authentication, DMARC employs two methods: SPF and DKIM. To handle online DMARC reports, be it the DMARC Aggregate Reports (RUI) or Forensic Reports (RUF), an open-source DMARC Analyser can be utilized to display DMARC report formats based on the user’s specifications.
Why Do You Need an Open Source DMARC Analyzer?
Following the implementation of a DMARC policy for your domains, providers like Google and Yahoo will provide daily reports detailing the emails they receive from your domains and whether they comply with your policy. The reports are in an XML structure and are not understandable. This is where Analyzer’s free DMARC Report Analyzer comes in.
It offers multiple benefits like:
- Visibility: It provides total visibility into multiple incoming and outgoing email channels.
- Customization: The DMARC report analyzer can be customized to the needs of various sectors while maintaining optimum security.
- Security: Phishing and malicious information are detected early on, thus, preventing the risk of cyberattacks and brand exploitation.
Ease: It makes the DMARC deployment process easier.
What Does the Open Source DMARC Analyzer Do?
An open-source DMARC Report Analyzer presents the DMARC report in user-friendly charts and graphs, allowing enterprises to examine the data more effectively and thus, implement a DMARC policy. It gives DMARC detailed statistics of DMARC data that may be filtered based on a certain period range.
Also, the data from aggregate reports (RUA) can be grouped according to the sending source, outcome, organization, and host. The overviews are near-real time and highly quick, which helps an organization to act quickly.
The DMARC report analyzer converts XML fields into easily readable formats.
- The DMARC report analyzer dashboard displays the status of email in your domain on a daily basis.
- It employs a DNS (Domain Name System) record to indicate how emails should be handled, which also helps domain owners cope when DKIM and SPF authentication fails.
- The tool analyzes aggregate DMARC reports and provides feedback on the effectiveness of DMARC records.
- DKIM and SPF alignment in DMARC prevents spoofing in the section’s header.
- SPF examines the sender’s header and the domain name’s envelope.
- Easy identification of unauthorized IP addresses sending emails from your domain.
DMARC Reports and the adoption of the right open source DMARC analyzer may seem to be a hard task, but there are ample analyzers available along with their features and factors. You can easily find out the one that suits your DMARC needs.
Ready to Start?
DMARC Report is designed for large scale reporting needs, with a combination of domains and message volume.